A good friend of mine wrote a letter to me that he wants to get a sunglasses for her eyes not for fashion but to enhance vision and good sight but I quickly asked her if it was a doctor that recommend him to get such sunglasses, was it recommended by an optician or if he just want to use it for fashion which really is not advisable.
I was surprise to see many showbiz people or artist wear sunglasses at night during award night, show time, party time and i wonder which rays the glasses are reducing at night. Sunglasses are supposed to be worn in the afternoon or during hot sunlight and also important while driving.
What are sunglasses? These are lens people wore on their face to reduce the rays of sunlight entering their eyes. Sunglasses also control the amount light entering the eyes which may result to eye strain later in the future or after a while. Many people also use sunglasses to correct some eye issues like diminished vision due to old age; some acquire sunglasses due to eye disease of the retina, iris, eye balls, cornea etc. It means if you want to start using spectacles or sunglasses, you should consider the following;
1. Recommended by Optician: One of the things you need to consider before getting sun glass or sunglasses is to be sure that the glass was recommended by a doctor or an optician. An optician is an expert who specializes is eyes and it environments. This means that you don’t just buy sunglasses, it should be recommended so as to reduce the amount of light entering the eyes, prevent your sight from getting worse and to perform the function correct any eye defect the eyes might have contacted.
2. Eye Test: It is important you don't just get sunglasses because of fashion but for its primary function such as reducing illumination and sun rays which may prevent eye cancer. Another important thing you need to know or you need to consider before getting sunglasses or recommended spectacles is to be sure you were tested for the particular specs. This lies in the hand of your doctor or optician because these medical experts are the only people that can recommend a good type of sun glass that can correct eye defect instead of making it get worse.
3. Know the types: I believe you should know the various types of sunglasses that are available, their efficiency and functions when it comes to correction of sights. Different types of sunglasses includes the dark sunglasses which are good when the sun is shinning hot, the light colored glasses and the plain or transparent sunglasses which can be used at dark times especially for people with short iris who really can't see much at dark times.
Read Also - 7 Simple Ways to Have a Clearer Vision Naturally
4. Safety Practices: I believe that your optician or physician must have warned you on the various ways to keep the sunglasses clean and healthy. You don’t just get these lenses; you also need to know some safety measures like Washing the hands before removing or inserting the sunglasses, If the eye lenses get damages or broken, it should be replaced immediately, to always clean the sun glass with the required solution to clean it which are recommended by the person who issue the eye lens for you? And you should never borrow other people or lend them your sun glass to use for a while and collect it back, it may be infected before then and when you wear, you might infect your eyes with more serious complications
6. Ask questions: Before you get or buy a sun glass, you should ask your doctor or physician some questions like “should I wear this occasionally or frequently” because I have seen people who do not have this kind of information concerning their eyes and the lenses they use mostly for fashion and decor never minding the fact that some sunglasses can actually cause eye problem if your eyes aren't supportive to it.
7. Eat Healthily: I think where most people fail when it comes to sunglasses is that they forget that they also need to eat healthy food and foods that boost visions like vitamin A foods like carrot, locust bean, soybean, milk and other proteins and vitamins. If you like to ear sunglasses to correct or reduce the amount of light that enters your eyes, you should keep your eyes healthy by eating healthy foods that boost vision as well.
8. Color: I think one of the thing you need to consider before getting or using sunglasses is the choice of colour and when to wear it. You can choose to wear dark color sunglasses when the sun is hot, while you are driving or while working like welders do to prevent particles from entering their eyes.
9. Matching Outfits: It looks beautiful especially in ladies who wear sunglasses that matches their outfits, i mean the type of cloths they wear. I noticed dark colored sunglasses match well with bright colored and white cloths. So, before getting sunglasses, you need to consider your wardrobe and choice of dressing as well.
In Conclusion, the primary reason for sunglasses is to reduce the amount of light that enters the eye to prevent eye diseases or eye problems. But we also need to consider other areas as explained above such fashion. Better still, conusult your doctor or optician if you notice the sunglasses you wear is affecting you, your eyes or your sight. Thanks for reading.